Reports to: Facilities Supervisor
Location: Bagshot Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 9SE
Hours: 07:30-16:30 Monday to Friday with some additional hours as needed
The overall purpose of this job is to effectively carry out duties under the instruction of the Facilities Management team on the communal areas of various residential estates, which will allow the sites to remain in a good state of repair throughout.
Responsibilities / Tasks
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Grass cutting and edging
- Regular weeding of beds (which will include weed killing)
- Seasonal pruning and dead heading (under instruction if necessary)
- Litter pick site and keep bin stores clean and tidy
- Check and clean communal lights
- Replace communal light bulbs
- Carry out routing light and alarm tests when required (after training)
- Vacuuming cleaning of communal areas and polishing/dusting of woodwork and balustrades
- Clean windows and glass where necessary
- Clean door furniture and kick plates
- Check and remove cobwebs on a regular basis
- Pressure wash paths and decking when required
- Carry out pool testing where appropriate (after training)
- Report to Facilities Manager and Estate Manager faults and additional works required to maintain a good state of repair of the sites
Skills / Competencies required
A caretaker should:
- Be legally able to work in the UK.
- Be of a practical nature with a background in either gardening or maintenance field, such as plumbing, fencing, small works, building or other suitable trade.
- Be fit and able to carry out the duties required of him.
- Be able to work between Monday and Friday, but to be flexible to work additional hours if necessary.
- Have a full “clean” driving license.Have good social skills as they will be dealing with residents on a daily basis. They need to be polite and friendly, but be aware that any problems should be directed to the Estate Manager.
- Have no criminal record as CRB checks will be required.
- Be punctual and be able to follow a routine, as work rotas are in place to enable them to carry out their duties in a timely fashion.
- Be able to complete standard forms to record events on a regular basis (such as lighting/alarm tests and health & safety documentation).
- A fully stocked vehicle will be supplied where necessary and the person should keep the vehicle and tools provided in good order and report any incident/breakage immediately to their line manager.
- Have a positive “can do” attitude to solving problems.
Please send your CV in confidence to email@example.com